Emotional Common Sense has been applied through: largeparticipation-discussion groups focused upon a particular topic; smaller human relations workshops in which people are invited to exchange their thoughts and feelings on common problems; reading the basic text (Parker, 1973); a teaching component in group and individual psychotherapy.The participant is invited to learn and accept these assumptions:
- Degradation and manipulation of others poison the emotional atmosphere in intimate and business relationships,and are thereby self-destructive.
- There is rarely any excuse to permit ourselves to be degraded by family, friends, employers, colleagues, etc.
- By not erasing destructive experiences and images of the past, weretain out-of-date values, feelings,and memories that affect our self-esteem, perception of authority, etc.
- People may not express their emotions appropriately. They holdback anger and pain, or exaggerate them to manipulate others through abuse.
- Our own feelings are not always trustworthy. Displaced anger, lowself-esteem, over-sensitivity, and the like are examples.
View original post 356 kelime daha